Friday, August 03, 2007

Don't you think so...

Infinite space and time has been offered to the media and there are lots of discussion and debate going on about India surging as an economic powerhouse. I am sure each one of us whether in India or abroad would have read or heard about India’s economy which grew by 9.1% in the January-March 2007 quarter compared to the same period the previous year.
This growth in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to the push the full-fiscal year growth to its strongest pace in about two decades, reports Reuters.
The data that we have today puts the growth for the fiscal year ending March 2007 at 9.4%, which is higher than what the Government had estimated at around 9.2%. It was even touted as the strongest fiscal year growth since 1988-89, when India’s economy grew by 10.5%.

But there is another India, too? Don’t you think so.

I had to cross a small river to reach this place.
These two kids were playing near the kiln.This is a self-sustaining village and see how the entire family survives here. The working place, the living space and the recreation arena for the small kids are all in one place.I know the man, who after a cherished career took this initiative of bringing goodwill and smiles in the lives of these people. I respect this man a lot and someday will tell you the entire story of his journey in life. How he wants the simple common man to use the basics of science and use it the most efficient way, with whatever is available at hand. The kiln is designed the most scientific way and he told me that in a span of 6 months, the rate at which the bricks are produced at the kiln has increased by 35% with the same effort as was used before. Just a nugget of information, this man close to thirty years back was given the 'Best Technical Design' award by the Govt of India for designing the shop floor for a steel behemoth.

And fortunately, this man calls me daily to discuss things and what little I can do in his initiative, any ideas I have in mind and likewise... And I call this man my father, my dad.

Keep reading and remain connected.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sur said...

wow! u must be so proud of him na! I pray and hope that we all would be able to do something useful like this in our lifetimes. cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home