Wednesday, June 27, 2007

8 Random Facts/Habits.

Don't you feel that there is a wealth of variety and ingenuity to be discovered in our day to day life. Many of these that cross our eyes daily, few are a part and parcel of our routine life yet no one ever asked us to speak about it. If you read a few of these random facts across blogs, you would realise that what links them all is a joyous unpredictability and miscellany. Yesterday, I got one such message from Amrita, that she has tagged me, guess for what ? To share eight random facts about myself.

Yep, it follows a set of simple simple rules as below.
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Series or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes.
So what are you waiting for, Bindaas Bol Na. Here goes mine.......

1. I am a voracious reader ever since I started with Tinkle comics, Enid Blyton series of the Famous Five, etc. I make sure that I read one book a week, but most of the time these days, it ends up taking double the set time frame. The topics that interest me are sociology, Indian literature and business. At present I am reading Verghese Kurien's memoir, "I Too Had A Dream" and another book called "Portraits of White Racism". Books apart, blogs, magazines and news sites are my regular appetite. I like reading a book while traveling be it on air, by train, bus, car, auto rickshaw, etc

2. I am a die-hard shutterbug and the charm of capturing a moment as that I had conceived in terms of its composition, color and light gives me great satisfaction. I try to capture the fine things, things which even though simple miss normal attention like a small chime, a tattoo, etc. I own a few cameras both digital and analog but prefer analog photography even if it is a bit operose as compared to digital photography. My best choice is black and white photographs.

3. I don't take too much time in the shower, the time spent is same as the time spent to make a serving of 'Maggi'. So few have termed it as 'Maggi' bath but when I am in the bathroom, I need the morning newspaper for sure. Two odours that make my day early morning are the smell of my cologne [Aspen] and the steam of hot tea or coffee.

4. Any kind of food goes with me, Ok if I share it with percentage, am 80% vegetarian and 20% sea-food freak. I am not a bon vivant, just need something to survive. But sometimes, I feel like going to a nice restaurant and try all sorts of cuisines. I am not a foodie but still I invite a couple of my friends, on a crazy evening when it is raining heavily cats and dogs. Why ? Even I don't know, just that I liked it that moment and I did it.

5. I have lots of nicknames, a new one gets added to the existing list every now and then. Few of these are rattlingly techie, few very girlie, few whacko, few with no connections just for the heck of it, blah blah blah.

6. I never bought or buy too many clothes for myself but somehow my closet is always full. I just buy my pair of jeans, don’t call me brand conscious but stick to my trade names [Levis/Wrangler/Gap/Calvin Klein]. Most of my t-shirts and shirts are shades of blue, cement ash, white, etc which are simple and bland in terms of design and pattern. It is for this reason that my friends and others often identify my taste with an old man's taste.

7. There are few things, I like that way it is and wish not to be tampered by the winds of change. I like calling my mother, 'maa', my elder brother, 'bhai', my sister Su, 'maachi', my best friends, 'kutti', 'phodhax' and 'cooltz'. Just can’t adjust to words like 'mom', 'mama', etc. I don't have any qualms about these words, just that I don't like those. To me my old acoustic gramophone is as dear to me as my iPod.

8. I don't like watching the idiot box, though sometimes sit in front of it to check whether the remote control is working fine, switching 60 channels in 60 seconds. But but but have followed the entire series of Friends and Simpsons. Instead I like dabbling with my paintbrush or charcoal with a few strokes, traveling anywhere and everywhere and meeting new people across age groups. After all everyone has something to offer.

Yes, yes, yes you got me right; each one has something to offer. Like Amrita, offered me this opportunity to scribble something on '8 Random Facts', I am tagging 8 more to the list. So Anou, Aaman, Anita, Sanchapanzo, Nik, Sur and Kutti, its your turn now. Jump in and pen down anything you feel.

I thought of including Amrita, Kishore and Deepti in my list but later didn't as they are already in the tag-loop, [ Kishore has a new word for it, 'bi-tag', check the comment part of Amrita's, post ]and so their inclusion again was redundant. There are many others I know who follow blogs but don't have a blogsite/webpage of their own. In that case, don't be hesitant to use that comments button on this post to share some random facts about yourself. C'mon, it's fun !!!!

Keep reading and remain connected.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Naresh said...

he he he magggi bath... :P Seems like bisi bele bhath :P

Nice Blog!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger yettofindaname said...

you forgot to mention the girlie nickname.... One fruit and nut at my desk by tomorrow evening to buy my silence :P

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if I take this as another tag, that makes its a tri-tag.. :)
Coming up..

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sur said...

Thanks, for being the first one to tag me! :)enjoyed writing the post.

I am curious abt the girlie nick-names, kya hai bolo?;) aur reading books in auto-ricks! sahee ho yaar! u make the most of ur time, I observe! An observation substatiated by ur short maggi baths!;)

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine's up...

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe, maggi baths - sounds sticky. Hey, I always wanted to ask: are all the pics on your blog yours? Coz they;re really cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home