Monday, August 20, 2007

Try this...

Yesterday, late night I was going through my daily feed of blogs and online news. I chanced across a site and found some interesting facets to explore. Since I am two-timing between 'India After Gandhi' and 'Maximum City', two books which are purely desi-centric covering history, geography, society, politics and lots more to mollify the info glutton and to enlighten the sapidity of reading. I got few questions dot on target, definitely two questions that I cracked was because of my recent reads.

When I clicked the 'Check Score' button and kept my fingers crossed to know the score, it was Ok. I got an 8/12.

Check the trivia here and it’s interesting. Try for sure.

india601600x1000
The source for this pic is KarmaDude.

Now my bit of trivia: Every one knows that Mount Everest is the highest mountain on Earth but this peak is not called Mount Everest as such in Tibet because the name is a British neology derived from the name of George Everest, the British Surveyor-General of India then. Rather it is widely known as Sagarmatha (Forehead of the Sky) by the Nepalese and Chomolangma or Qomolangma (Mother of the Universe) by the Tibetans.

In the year 1999, Guinness Book of Records awarded a Japanese-owned hotel the highest placed [as in terms of altitude] hotel in the world, Which is this one and where is it located ?

Anyone interested to join to kickstart pure desi-centric trivia posts, something like a set of 5 questions each week. Unquestionably, there are two benefits to this as I can see, but am sure there would be many more. One of them is one get's to learn new topics and subjects and the second is this info may serve as the fodder for an interesting post.

Anyone listening and wants to jump in?

Keep reading and remain connected.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home