Friday, April 27, 2007

kuch ish tarah....

splendidly pure voice....straight from the heart....floats out as if descending on the periphery of the last drop of tear, still holding strong....strikingly natural use of the vocal chords....relaxed, quasi improvisational style of singing and suggestive diction, to bring the distant world of flip of someone’s eyelashes and sacrosanct tears close to the listener...

kuch ish tarah teri palkein meri palkon se mila de
aansoo tere saare meri palkon pe sajaa de


freshness in voice as in steam escaping from the freshly brewed pot of tea....a symphony of colors, of pureness, that reinvigorates the spirit with the simplicity of a 'walk-in-the-woods' early in the morning....

a climate of musicological and philological rigor to fight pain and misery....the emotions are shaded and highlighted of soulful melancholy....and phrases are perfectly sculpted....

mujhko toh tere chehre pe yeh ghum nahin janchta
maayiz nahin lagta mujhe ghum se tera rishta




I liked this song, my best in the Doorie album by Atif Aslam. Neat song with more display of talent and less use of instruments and its sort of 75% 'un-plugged’ kind of song. The song kept buzzing in my sound sytem at home, [my maid at home laughed and thought that I have gone mad for repetitive playing of this song :)] on my laptop [grrrrrrrrrrrrr, please don’t disturb me when I am on headphones, I use my earplugs rarely ;)], on my iPod while traveling and commuting and now here on my blog.

Keep reading and remain connected. [of course no Doorie, that’s only prerogative of the song.]

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny - I had the album for two weeks and that is the one song that I have on repeat on my CD player...

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

awesome use of words to almost describe the depth of this song

ultimately, this sweetness of melody and heavenly voice cant be desribed in its entirety.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home